Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act
The Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOC) at MAIC provides employment and training services to American Indians, Alaskan Natives and Hawaiian Natives residing within a 71-county service delivery area. Eligible veterans and spouses receive priority of services. Note: Hennepin County residents are served by American Indian OIC/Takoda Prep and reservation residents are served by their respective tribal programs.
- Intake assessment for career and employment planning
- Assistance with GED
- Assistance with short-term training in areas of high demand
- On-the-job training
- Job development/placement
- Employment incentive awards
- Enrolled in — or a descendant of — a federally or state recognized tribe
- Reside within the WIOA service delivery area
- At least 18 years of age (all males born after 12/31/59 must be registered for the Selective Service by age 26)
- Unemployed, under-employed (employed under 32 hours per week), low-income or have a documented need for an employment upgrade
- Veterans (provide DD214)
Additional information may be found on the WIOA Facebook page.
Vicky Reyes, Career Counselor
Jean Howard, Employment Counselor